Re: isearch region or thing at point.

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: isearch region or thing at point.
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 21:03:39 +0200

Hi Noam:

Very very thanks.

Sorry for the dumb question, but where is the if-let part in the
documentation?

Thanks, again,
Ergus

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 02:49:52PM -0400, Noam Postavsky wrote:
On Tue, 30 Apr 2019 at 12:31, Ergus <address@hidden> wrote:

I am pretty new using lisp, but I don't understand this behavior, Any
help, please.

The backtrace only says:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable bounds)
  isearch-forward-region(nil)
  funcall-interactively(isearch-forward-region nil)
  call-interactively(isearch-forward-region nil nil)
  command-execute(isearch-forward-region)

Do I am using wrong the if-let* statement?

You need to put at the top

(eval-when-compile (require 'subr-x))

Otherwise the if-let* macro isn't loaded so it gets interpreted as a
normal function call. It works when you use C-x C-e just because you
happened to load subr-x already. If you carefully start from 'emacs
-Q' you should be able to get the same error that way too.