emacs-wiki-discuss

[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Documentation

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Documentation
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 12:52:44 +0800

chris wallace <address@hidden> writes:

>>    EmacsWikiMode is an important part of PlannerMode.

Hmm. PlannerMode uses EmacsWikiMode.

> I'm a novice emacs-wiki user too, but I understand that emacs-wiki will work
> without planner-mode (this is how I use it), but not the other way round.  To
> be honest, the thing that scares me about planner-mode is setting deadlines
> for

You can actually write tasks in plan pages without assigning dates to them:

#A0 _ Do something

but from experience, those tend to get forgotten... <laugh>

> everything you need to do - I might know there's a bunch of things to do, and
> even the preferable sequence to do them in, but can I accurately say how long
> they might take?  No way!

I don't estimate tasks, either.

> (Eg - one todo might be "wait for response from boss on this one".  I just
> can't
> second guess such things).

You can reword this as "Follow up with boss re topic" and assign it a
date. Then your boss will think you're proactive! <laugh>

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun