Re: [Emms-help] Copyright stuff

From: Ulrik Jensen
Subject: Re: [Emms-help] Copyright stuff
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 13:38:59 +0100

Hey

Jorgen Schaefer <address@hidden> writes:
> 1) Ignore it all. This has the problem of not being able to sue
>    for anything people do about the package (or rather, having
>    great troubles to do so). Also, emms will never be able to
>    become part of GNU Emacs.

Another option would just be to release it under the GPL. :)

We do actually have the possilbity to sue, although it's very
unpractical, and I doubt that we would actually end up in a situation
that could warrant the effort, time and money it would take.

> 2) Pass the copyright to the FSF. This doesn't have the
>    disadvantages mentioned above, but the disadvantage that we
>    don't "own" the code anymore.

I'm for 2 as well. :)

--
Ulrik Jensen -- address@hidden -- http://www.terryp.tk