Re: [emms-help] error in emms-lyrics-start

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: [emms-help] error in emms-lyrics-start
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:20:40 +0800

Andrea Russo <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,

Hi, Andrea,

> After upgrading to a recent revision of emacs cvs [1] I experienced an
> annoying behavior of emms-lyrics-read-file in emms-lyrics.el when
> playing some streams.  It seems that using file-exists-p on an url
> triggers some tramp function which result in throwing an error.

You mean it doesn't happen before upgrade?

I seldom use streams. Just tried with emacs-snapshot(20060610) and
emacs21.4.1, where both throw same error.

Anyway, i think i'll restrict lyrics support on 'file type only at
present. Patch is on the way.

Thanks for reporting.

--
William

Perl itself is usually pretty good about telling you what you shouldn't
do. :-)
                -- Larry Wall in <address@hidden>