[emms-help] Re: make emms-player-start cycle players

From: Andrea Russo
Subject: [emms-help] Re: make emms-player-start cycle players
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 01:06:52 +0200

Lucas Bonnet <address@hidden> writes:

> I think I got it.  For instance : mplayer with no mp3 support on a
> system, but with mp3 support on another, and the same configuration for
> both. The player will return t for playablep in both cases, but on one
> system, it can't actually play the file.

It would be nice to spot this situation, but my patch can't recognize
this condition.  It could be necessary to check the returned error
code from the player (and, of course, a player that returns an error
code when can't play the track).  I don't know enough elisp or the
emms sources to do this.

Regards,
Andrea.

--
Tyrell: Would you... like to be upgraded?
Batty: I had in mind something a little more radical.