[emms-help] Re: make emms-player-start cycle players

From: Andrea Russo
Subject: [emms-help] Re: make emms-player-start cycle players
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 04:04:02 +0200

Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:

> I've sent a patch for emms-player-mpd.el that makes its playable-p
> function fail if it cannot connect to the daemon.  That should help a
> little.

Thanks!  Now I really got the solution proposed by Jorgen Schaefer.
Of course this change would work also for other backends for which
playable-p will check if the executable file exists.

The only situation I can think of where may patch could help, is for
container formats like .avi or .mkv in which the codecs used can vary
and the best way to know if a player can play those media is by
starting it and check its return code.

Obviously my patch alone isn't enough without player return code
checking.

Thanks,
Andrea.

--
"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise
of programs!" -- Alan J. Perils