Re: [emms-help] Copyright assignment: Still missing!

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Copyright assignment: Still missing!
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 21:50:01 +0200

Mario Domgörgen <address@hidden> writes:

> Are you sure there's still a significent amount of code from me in emms?
> I left development very early after mp3player.el switched to EMMS and
> just contributed minimal patches as far as i remmeber. But if it's
> important i will sign the papers. A lots of code from me was thrown
> away when abstracting the player functions as my main contribution was
> adding ogg support to mp3player.el.

Well, we're not talking about "sense" or "usefulness" or such
weird things here, but about laws. If it isn't too much of a
problem, I'd be happy if you could sign copyright over. Let me
know if you need assistance (e.g. the file to send or so).

If you don't want to assign copyright, we have to work out
something. Especially:

> emms-mode-line does not look as my code, but it's a long time
> ago, so it's possible there are still parts from me.

This is problematic. It lists you as the author, but we could
claim it got completely rewritten...

Regards,
        -- Jorgen

--
((email . "address@hidden") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))