Re: [emms-help] Re: last.fm scrobbling broken?

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Re: last.fm scrobbling broken?
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 09:14:27 +0300

Jim Crossley <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]
>
>> Do other Last.fm clients allow you to stream? That would be a good
>> test to see if emms-lastfm-client is broken in the U.S.
>
> Yes. I can stream via Linux using RhythmBox, via Mac using Lastfm.app,
> and via any OS pointing a browser at the last.fm website.  I can even
> stream using the Lastfm app on my Android phone!  I'm not a paying
> lastfm subscriber, though I've been scrobbling to my account there since
> April, 2008.

Two other people in the U.S. I asked in the meantime are currently using
emms-lastfm-client.el to stream. Neither are payed subscribers, so there
is something weird with your setup. The error is coming from the Last.fm
servers, not the elisp debugger or anything so there is no backtrace to
be had. But I'd be happy if you could post or send me what setup
information you can.