Re: [emms-help] Problems getting emms-player-mpd working, and solutions

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Problems getting emms-player-mpd working, and solutions
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 18:20:15 +1000

Yoni Rabkin writes:

> Done, thank you.

Great, thanks!

> I've pushed this issue onto my Emms hacking stack (but I won't be
> angry at all if you beat me to it.)

:-) i'm currently preparing an Emacs package of mine for general
release, but i'll try to find some time to research a solution to this
issue .... i imagine it will probably involve issuing 'list' commands to
the MPD process, and building the track cache from that (e.g. sending
"list artist" to get a list of the artists in the database, then
iterating over that list and calling "list album artist [artist name]"
on each iteration to get a list of each artist's albums, etc.)

Alexis.