[emms-help] [patch] use authinfo for scribbling

From: Rasmus
Subject: [emms-help] [patch] use authinfo for scribbling
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 13:06:47 +0200

Hi,

I have attached a draft of way getting authenticating info using
authinfo rather than storing the password in plain text.  I dislike
saving passwords in my init file, as I may share it with other people.

This is the first time I work with auth-source.el so let me know about
any bug.  It seemed to work on my computer.  The main missing feature
is that it does not prompt the user for username and password, if
missing.  I guess this could be relatively easy using :create
and :saving-function.  I.e. it would do a handshake and save it the
provided credentials are good.

Let me know what you think.
—Rasmus

--
And I faced endless streams of vendor-approved Ikea furniture. . .