fbi-improved-devel

Re: [fim-devel] Cannot compile with >poppler-0.20

From: dezperado
Subject: Re: [fim-devel] Cannot compile with >poppler-0.20
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 20:51:35 +0200

On address@hidden:59, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I just found out this package cannot be compiled with
> poppler-0.20 due to some API change in poppler.
>
> The argument for SplashOutputDev::startDoc() change to
> *PDFDoc.
>
> So it need to change 1 line of FbiStuffPdf.cpp where it's now like:
> ds->od->startDoc(ds->pd->getXRef());
> with this:
> ds->od->startDoc(ds->pd);
>
> Sorry I can't make the patch for you. I'm not that familiar with
> autoconf or patch stuff.
>
> But I want to thank you BTW, FIM is my most important tools in
> framebuffer. Hope to see this kept developed.
>
> Thank you.
>
> A loyal user, SBBG

Hi,

I'm happy you're comfortable with FIM, and thank you for the update
to build with newer poppler versions.

Please check out svn version 529 of fim and tell me whether it compiles
and run fine with your poppler-0.20: my fix is not very robust (in fact,
older poppler versions did not give any version information in the
headers) but let's see first if it works for you.