fhsst-authors

Re: [Fhsst-authors] Re: New author - CVS Login Problem

From: Peter Hutnick
Subject: Re: [Fhsst-authors] Re: New author - CVS Login Problem
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 11:41:06 -0600

J. Greer wrote:

My time is valuable as well. I have gone over every conceivable
iteration of the pages you sent me as I tried to outline in my
message. I have been involved with unix for many years as well.

Please remove me from the fhsst program. I don't need your attitude!

I hope you don't treat all volunteers this way.

Jeff,

I am a volunteer as well.

I think that I was quite kind and accommodating to you, but when I found
myself literally re-writing the documents that I initially referred you
to I felt that nudging you back to them was the right thing to do.  I
tried to do it with a little self-deprecating humor and I went out of my
way to make sure that I left the door open to you to ask further
questions.  I'm not sure what I could have done to make the pill easier
to swallow.

I remain willing to give you further assistance with getting going if
you are willing to take the rather minimal steps of reading and
following the FAQ and sending me any specific error messages that you
continue to receive.  If you don't want to correspond further with me I
am sure there are other folks on the list who would help you instead.

I hope that you won't let your interpretation (a mistaken one IMO) of
the attitude of one random guy that tried to /help/ you change your mind
about helping such a worthy project.

-Peter