fhsst-authors

[Fhsst-authors] Some news

From: Mark Horner
Subject: [Fhsst-authors] Some news
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:36:13 -0800

Hi Everyone

We got an email from the UCT Science Faculty regarding the Grahamstown Science Festival. Just for everyone's information the festival is a 2 week long science festival for high school students hosted by Rhodes University in Grahamstown. Its attended by
many thousands of students and teachers and is very well supported.

The science faculty (see email below) has decided we can go along with them and man a stand as part of the UCT exhibit.

I think this is great as next year we'll finish the books off and we'll need all the publicity we can get. We really should try to organise someone to go. We already have posters from the Shuttleworth Foundation Innovation Bazaar this year so we'd have to do minimal work. I presume that the faculty would cover transport and accomodation just the same as for the rest of the UCT contingent - after all it makes UCT look
good to be helping out a project such as ours. I'll probe the details.

Email from faculty:

Dear Spencer, Sarah and Rory

At a recent meeting of the Science Faculty's Communications and
Marketing Committee, Dr Vilakazi drew attention to the production
of free high school science texts by yourselves and other students
and staff in the Physics department.

As some in your team have also helped with the Faculty's stand at
Grahamstown's Sci Fest in the past, the committee wished to thank
them for their previous participation and to congratulate all of you
for your fine efforts in producing these invaluable textbooks.

The committee also advises that you are most welcome to promote the
texts at the Faculty's stand at future Science Festivals.

Regards
Elaine Rutherfoord-Jones
Science Faculty Office
x5179

Mark Horner Jabber/AIM/Yahoo: marknewlyn
Co-author:
http://www.nongnu.org/fhsst
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/fhsst

"Life is but a seg-fault away ...

Life received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x42074d40 in calloc () from /lib/i686/liblife.so.6"