fhsst-authors

[Fhsst-authors] Hackathon results

From: Mark Horner
Subject: [Fhsst-authors] Hackathon results
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 14:51:07 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Everyone

The inaugural hackathon was a success! We dished out
and conquered a 48 page chapter on Electricity amongst
6 people.

We should definitely implement a similar model in
future. I will try to have another Physics one this
month, I estimate two more of them will get us to a
complete draft of Physics.

In general people liked the idea of getting together
to work on the book. It makes it more social and
easier to allocate the time and there is no assignment
hanging over their heads for weeks/months, if they
come they work for 3 or 4 hours and then its done.

I have already secured confirmations that everyone who
came is happy to do another one and I have 2
additional volunteers for the next one as well.

These books will get done yet!

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Horner

Jabber/AIM/Yahoo/Skype/Google:   marknewlyn

Co-author:
http://www.nongnu.org/fhsst
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/fhsst

"Life is but a seg-fault away ...

Life received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x42074d40 in calloc () from /lib/i686/liblife.so.6"

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com