Re: [Fle3-users] Fle3 1.0b export error

From: Tarmo Toikkanen
Subject: Re: [Fle3-users] Fle3 1.0b export error
Date: Wed Aug 21 04:28:15 2002

On 20.08.2002, 12:18:48, Bas van der Linden wrote:

We've installed both 1.0b and 1.2b, to give people the chance to upgrade
to a new FLE themselves, since it's not possible to upgrade easily systemwide.

However, in order to upgrade, people need to export the contents of their
current FLE instance and import them into the new one.

And that export seems to break in some cases.

Hi Bas,

Well, checking the code it seems that one of the user accounts in this
particular Fle3 has a "None" value as its background information
(which is a free form string value, normally). I personally cannot
find any way how that could happen, since an empty string is always
returned if for some reason the attribute itself did not exist. I can
only fathom that the owner of this particular Fle3 has somehow called
one user's set_background method with an explicit None value. Removing
the afflicted user account should clear the problem.

I tried to reproduce this problem, but could not. Something very
strange is going on in the database of this Fle3 instance.

If you can get us a copy of the FLE instance, we can have a look at
it. At this point I can't really help much further without more
information.

As a sidenote, version 1.0b is really broken and its export
functionality is also quite crude. This transition phase may be a bit
painful for your users.

--
Tarmo Toikkanen
http://www.iki.fi/tarmo/