Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth and jack on mac

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth and jack on mac
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 17:27:37 -0500 (CDT)

Ok, I went back through our correspondence and applied the fixes you had
suggested to get the fluidsynth code to compile in the 2003-05 part of the
archive at /msg00022.html and /msg00027.html (and in addition all the
other details as noted in earier email).  Got it to compile.  But again,
with jackd running, I got

[~/fluidsynth-1.0.1]%fluidsynth --audio-driver=jack
Bus error

Is it possible that the socket stuff in src/fluid_sys.c that you asked to
have removed was necessary for fluidsynth to connect to jackd?

I don't know much about sockets, but scanning over the code, I'd say this
seems like a reasonable conjecture... maybe we could get away
with cutting less and trying to use the default settings?

Anyway, good luck on your travels Josh and thanks for your work on getting
this program to work; I know we'll get it eventually, and that's probably
not too far off now.  I can try to play around with the code a bit & maybe
others will be able to give me some guidance while you're doing the
settling in stuff.

Joe