Re: [fluid-dev] Problem running fluidsynth

From: Andy Gimblett
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Problem running fluidsynth
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 22:42:01 +0100

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 10:58:30AM +0300, address@hidden wrote:

> I can't try right now, but maybe it was hw:0,0 and plughw:0,0
> instead of just :0.

Alas, no - still failing with "fluidsynth: error: Failed to set the
sample rate".  :(

I hadn't tried using the OSS driver yet, but I just did, and it works
fine, eg:

fluidsynth -a oss -m oss -o midi.oss.device=/dev/midi10 some_font.sf2

Unfortunately, this isn't _much_ good to me because I don't actually
want to run fluidsynth for its own sake: I want to run Swami, and
Swami doesn't appear to give me the option of using fluidsynth with
OSS (at least, not through the GUI).  Looks like it's ALSA or Jack.
:(

Looking at the code, the error's raised in fluid_alsa.c, at line 246:

    tmp = (unsigned int) sample_rate;
    if (snd_pcm_hw_params_set_rate_near(dev->pcm, hwparams, &tmp, &dir) != 0) {
      FLUID_LOG(FLUID_ERR, "Failed to set the sample rate");
      goto error_recovery;
    }

I don't see snd_pcm_hw_params_set_rate_near() defined anywhere in the
fluidsynth source so I guess it's an ALSA API call.  I'm online on the
end of a phone line right now so I'm not going to investigate any
further but maybe tomorrow I'll have a look from work and try to work
out what's going on there...

Cheers,

Andy

--