Re: [fluid-dev] Installing fluid in Windows / Linux

From: Frank Barknecht
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Installing fluid in Windows / Linux
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 21:06:02 +0100

Hallo,
Florian Schmidt hat gesagt: // Florian Schmidt wrote:

> I'm not a developer but i try to answer anyways [at least the linux
> specific part]. start fluidynth like this for example:
>
> fluidsynth -m alsa_seq /your/soundfont.sf2
>
> to make it respond to alsa midi events. I don't know if this is
> implemented for OSS

See my Softsynth with Midi Sequencers Howto, e.g. here

http://linux-sound.org/quick-toots/4-sequencers_and_softsynths/quick-toot-midisynth_howto.html

for how to do that on ALSA with OSS software.

> or on windows

On windows, you maybe also need a kind of virtual midi router, but
maybe fluidsynth creates a real midi device, that you could use in
your Midi player. I never used fluidsynth on windows, though.

ciao