Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth and ladcca2

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth and ladcca2
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 13:53:14 -0800

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 13:00, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:
> fi
> fluidsynth.c: Dans la fonction « main »:
> fluidsynth.c:444: error: `CCA_Use_Jack' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> fluidsynth.c:444: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> fluidsynth.c:444: error: for each function it appears in.)
> fluidsynth.c:447: error: `CCA_Use_Alsa' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> In file included from /usr/include/ladcca-1.0/ladcca/list.h:285:
>

> Does it sound familiar to anyone ?

Yep. That has already been fixed, in CVS that is. Its pretty easy to fix
things manually though, just edit src/fluidsynth.c and find those
CCA_Use_Jack and CCA_Use_Alsa constants and comment those lines of code
out or just remove them:

/*
      if (fluid_settings_str_equal(settings, "audio.driver", "jack")) {
        flags |= CCA_Use_Jack;
      }
      if (fluid_settings_str_equal(settings, "midi.driver", "alsa_seq"))
{
        flags |= CCA_Use_Alsa;
      }
*/

> > You are right though, a new FluidSynth package should be released, there
> > are a number of bug fixes and other things. What FluidSynth really needs
> > though is some more developers to take over the project.
>
> I understand you. If I had more free time and knew fluidsynth better, I'd
> definitely take it over. I'll talk to some friends. They might be interested.
>
> Cheers,

Cheers.
        Josh Green