Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth problem

From: Peter Hanappe
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth problem
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:10:44 +0100

Joerg Anders wrote:

I won't annoy you, but I compared fluidysnth with TiMidity and hardware
synth. I made some MP3 files. If you are interested in:

   http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/FLUID/fluidtest.html

I agree with you that "the fluidsynth rendering is not as brilliant as
the other 2". In the example you made, especially the strings do not
sound "brilliant". It might be a problem with the filter. I might work
on the filter this weekend so I'll keep you informed of any changes.

Thanks!

PS: I doesn't sound all that bad compared to the hardware, does it! :)