Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth problem

From: Joerg Anders
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth problem
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:57:25 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Peter Hanappe wrote:

> I agree with you that "the fluidsynth rendering is not as brilliant as
> the other 2". In the example you made, especially the strings do not
> sound "brilliant". It might be a problem with the filter. I might work
> on the filter this weekend so I'll keep you informed of any changes.
>
> Thanks!
>

> PS: I doesn't sound all that bad compared to the hardware, does it! :)

In my opinion there is a greater difference than with TiMidity :-(

But perhpas you got a different impression from my MP3 files.

Unfortunately, I have only limited knowledge in the field.
But TiMidity uses a procedure called "Gauss-like interpolation".
Already for a long time I look at the soft synth "market" and before
this technique TiMidity was really bad. But apparently this
"Gauss-like interpolation" was the most important step.

Perhaps this could also contribute to fluidsynth.(?)

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (address@hidden)