Re: [fluid-dev] static in output

From: Peter Hanappe
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] static in output
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 00:40:15 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
When I use this (freeware) soundfont:
http://www.musik.aau.dk/~bovbjerg/Steinway%20Grand%20Piano%201.2.sfArk
then with good headphones I can hear "static" in just about every note.

I tested the soundfont (with sustain pedal) but I couldn't hear any
static using headphones. The room and the machine were very
noisy, so I don't conclude anything from that.

I noticed that with this soundfont, just a little keyboard activity
sends my CPU level up to 52% (and it doesn't get much higher with more
keyboard activity).

That doesn't seem normal to me. I tested on an Athlon XP at 1.5GHz
and the synthesizer uses 2.6% of the CPU when I play 10 notes (I turned
of the reverb and the chorus, though). What version of fluidsynth are
you using? What options did you compile it with?

I don't think the static could be related to the sound card
because I can record the static directly into Ardour and play it back.

Can you record a short wav file and send us a link so we get a better
idea?

Cheers,