Re: [fluid-dev] fluid~ crashes

From: Garett Shulman
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluid~ crashes
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:58:13 -0700

Just though I would chime in:

Native fluidsynth LADSPA does have its benefits. Having to specifically
enable it at build time is no problem, but please don't disregard it
completely.

Also, one usefull aspect of the LADSPA code is the audio groups code. It
would be nice to be able to route different instruments to different
audio output channels. This would allow you to, say, have output
channels 1&2 connected to an amp and 3&4 connect to effects and you
could have a piano instrument playing clean through 1&2 on midi channel
1 and a rhodes playing through effects on 3&4 on midi channel 2.

While I'm at it... This is probably completely outside the paridigm of
fluidsynth, so if you are offended by the suggestion please just
disregard... Really, the only thing that is keeping fluidsynth from
completely emulating subtractive synthesis is pwm. It would be usefull
to have a generator that could take an offset from the start of a sample
and set all output of that sample to 0 after that. Or something like
that. But, perhaps such a beast does not belong in the main fluidsynth
source. Perhaps a patch would be more appropriate.

Garett

Peter Hanappe wrote: