Re: [fluid-dev] Tuning Standard

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Tuning Standard
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 21:08:40 -0800

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 16:24 +0000, Dougie McGilvray wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are developing software tools to help in the performance of
> microtonal music. The current system loads a tuning script when
> fluidsynth is started, I was wondering if there was a way we could
> control this while FS is running? Will FS respond to MIDI tuning
> standard sent via midi?
>
> Regards,
> Dougie

I was certain there was some MIDI related controls or RPN numbers or
something in FluidSynth for tuning.  But looking through the code I was
unable to find them.  Are you using FluidSynth stand alone or through
some other front end?  There are some C API calls for setting per note
tunings if you are looking to code something and there is also some
FluidSynth command line commands (which you likely already know about
since you mentioned that you load tunings via a "config" file).  I can
see how it would be nice to have some MIDI implementation for this
though.  Do you know of any MIDI standards off hand that handle this?
Best regards,
        Josh Green