Re: [fluid-dev] alsa midi sequencer buffer overflow!

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] alsa midi sequencer buffer overflow!
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 13:14:07 -0700

On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 20:16 +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi all!
>   Just recently this started. When ever I connect fluidsynth (1.0.6 or 1.0.7)
> to my soundcard it says once something like:
> WARNING: alsamidi sequencer buffer overflow!
>  When I switch on my synth, which has active sensing), this message repeats
> over and over again. The sound works fine, but I can't read what's on the
> screen and that annoys me and makes things dificult.
>   My system:
>   Kernel 2.6.16.2 (alsa 1.0.11rc3?)
>   With kernel 2.6.11.8 it ran perfectly well. But now my soundcard's switched
> from port 64 to port 16.
>   Can anyone help me? Anyone with the same problem and a fix? Suspicions?
>   Kindest regards
>         Julien
>
> --------
> Music was my first love and it will be my last (John Miles)
>
> ======== FIND MY WEB-PROJECT AT: ========
> http://ltsb.sourceforge.net - the Linux TextBased Studio guide

Hi Julien! :)

I added that when trying to make the ALSA sequencer more robust, guess
it doesn't work quite right though.  Here is a patch against 1.0.7a.
Let me know if you have any problems with it.  It should be applied from
the top level FluidSynth source directory like so:
patch -p0 <fluid_alsa.patch

Sorry for the annoyance ;)  Cheers!
        Josh Green