Re: [fluid-dev] ASIO Freature Request

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] ASIO Freature Request
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 12:23:48 +0100

Graham Goode wrote:
> Hi,
> I was wondering if there were any plans to incorporate ASIO as one of
> the audio drivers available for the windows build of Linuxsampler? This
> would solve a lot latency of issues experienced by the virtual pipe
> organ group that is using fluidsynth as one of their sound sources.
> GrahamG

Yes, it is planned to update and enable again PortAudio, which is already
present in the source tree, but currently doesn't compile. PortAudio V19
supports ASIO backend for Windows. There is some controvesy about supporting
PortAudio here. You may want to add your comments to this ticket:

http://fluidsynth.resonance.org/trac/ticket/19

Regards,
Pedro