Re: [fluid-dev] ASIO Freature Request

From: ggoode.sa
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] ASIO Freature Request
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 20:38:25 +0200

Hi Jim,
I never meant to imply that anything was terribly wrong with
fluidsynth in Miditzer :-)
On the jOrgan forum we have a lot more people complaining about
latency with fluidsynth because fluidsynth is newly incorporated as an
extension to jOrgan and a lot of people are now using trying it out.
With their comments about latency issues there have also been a few
commenting that they are now using Hauptwerk or Gigastudio as latency
in fluidsynth was an issue for them. I personally don't have the
latency issue with Miditzer, but have helped at least one person fine
tune their fluidsynth settings to reduce latency on their system.
ASIO for fluidsynth would decrease the need for fine tuning and
increase performance. I guess that more jOrgan users would benefit as
they seem to have been the most vocal about the latency. Miditzer is
marvelous in its ease of use and simplicity of setup. Well done for
all the work that you have put into it to get it so user friendly!

Regards,
Graham Goode
User and Techie