Re: [fluid-dev] A new beginning for the Resonance Instrument Database

From: Bernat Arlandis i Mañó
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] A new beginning for the Resonance Instrument Database
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 16:17:18 +0100

That's great news! I hope this attracts soundfont designers. See you there.

Josh Green escrigué:
Hello,

I'm happy to announce that the Resonance Instrument Database is now
ready for use.  Sorry to those who tried to use it in the last year and
found that it was broken.

For those who are not familiar with this project.  It is a deployment of
the GPL project PatchesDB, part of the Swami collection of projects.
This software allows for the creation of an online database for
importing SoundFont, DLS and GigaSampler instruments.  Some of the
current features include:

- User accounts
- All sample and instrument names are imported from files as well as
other information (author, copyright, etc)
- Ratings and comments on instruments
- Any user can submit content
- Searches
- Browse by category

There is still a lot of features planned (improve user profiles,
arbitrary tag words on instruments, improve licensing information, etc).

It hasn't had a lot of testing yet, so feedback would be great.  I
wanted to give it a little testing before announcing it on the Linux
Audio Announce list.  Submitting your favorite freely distributable
instruments, either ones you created or off the net, would also be very
helpful.

Best regards,
        Josh Green

http://sounds.resonance.org