Re: [fluid-dev] invalid instrument/drum selection

From: jimmy
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] invalid instrument/drum selection
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 06:25:13 -0800 (PST)

Hi Josh,

Also, I dont know much about XG, only bit and pieces I can find on the web.  I
would love to get to some of the XG docs that were available a while back.  I
don't know any real info about GS, since I haven't done much searching for GS
info.

Since I play around with some Yamaha arranger keyboards for rythm/styles, I did
try to see how to get XG stuff to work with GM soundfonts on Linux.  I found
AnotherXG soundfont, but of course, it's not complete.  On Windows, I think
VanBasco Midi Player seems to play everything.  Although I don't use Windows
anymore if I can help it.

Jimmy