Re: [fluid-dev] Scripting fluidsynth in Windows

From: Rui Nuno Capela
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Scripting fluidsynth in Windows
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 08:38:05 -0000 (WET)

On Thu, March 12, 2009 08:28, Graham Goode wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm currently using Pedro's build of Qsynth with PortAudio in
> WindowsXP with great success. I now want to create scripts to load the
> different soundfonts from xxx.bat files so that other users of the computer
> can use what I'm using without having to load new soundfonts into Qsynth
> everytime. What commands should I use? Something like:
>
> fluidsynth.exe --midi-driver=winmidi --midi-device="In From MIDI Yoke: 2"
> --midi-channels=16 --audio-driver=portaudio
> --audio-device=JackRouter --audio-channels=1 --sample-rate=44100
> --polyphony=512 sf1.sf2

you can get away in doing just that but using qsynth.exe instead of
fluidsynth.exe command line.

try `qsynth.exe --help` for a bunch of options; it almost resembles the
standalone fluidsynth.exe command line options. on windows, i guess, it's
the only way to script the soundfont loading, although i haven't tested
that personally.

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela