Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth sequencer test

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth sequencer test
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 07:23:09 +0200

Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas skrev:
> David Henningsson wrote:
> Using a big period size (either 2048 or 4096 is enough) instead of the
> default
> size (64 in Linux) makes the test program to sound like a drunken drummer. Of
> course, using the right function: fluid_settings_setint(). I've attached the
> modified sources.
>
> Now, the plan is to fix the problem. I guess you are going to apply a fix
> similar to your patch for the MIDI player.

Sure, if that also means my patch(es) will be committed to the SVN tree.
The longer we wait, the larger the possibility that some other change in
the tree will break my patch.

> I also would like to test an
> additional approach, overhauling the current wall clock implementation.

Okay, can you elaborate on what changes that would be and if/how they
will work with faster-than-realtime rendering?

// David