Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.0.9 released

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.0.9 released
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 00:14:56 -0700

Hello David,

On Sun, 2009-04-12 at 12:26 +0200, David Henningsson wrote:
> Josh Green skrev:
> > So, its official.  The long overdue FluidSynth 1.0.9 "A Sound Future"
> > has been released.
>
> Thanks! \O/ Select your favorite MIDI song, launch FluidSynth and enjoy
> a system-wide release party! :-)

Sounds like fun!  We can maybe do a live FluidSynth stream at some point
with some demo songs around release time ;)

> > The tarball is now slated to propagate through the
> > Savannah download mirrors.
>
> And for those who can't wait for the mirrors to synchronize, it's
> available from
>
> http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases-noredirect/fluid/

Thanks for mentioning that.  I was trying to figure out how to get
around the mirror redirect.

> > With all the new development interest, I've been realizing that my lack
> > of time for the project has been hindering progress somewhat.  For this
> > reason there will be some changes in the development process and
> > delegation of responsibilities to other individuals.
>
> I'm interested to know more about this and perhaps to be deeper involved
> with FluidSynth core development in the future.

Yes yes!  The more the merrier.  A start is to get you a subversion
account.  Send me an email directly with your desired login/pass.

Your work on the sequencer timing looks like some good stuff.  Glad to
have you on the team.

> I have also started to work on getting the new 1.0.9 version into Debian
> - it was abandoned, so I intend to become the new Debian maintainer for
> FluidSynth. It's my first official package so I might have some related
> questions for you as well as the Debian mentors.
>
> // David

That is great, I didn't realize that the Debian package had been
abandoned.  I guess there has been so few releases in the past few
years.  Its nice that that is changing.

Since there are a number of individuals who have recently become
interested in FluidSynth development, I think it would be a good idea to
introduce ourselves a bit and mention what interest we have in
FluidSynth and how we would like to help out.  I'll post a new email
thread to this effect, to get things started.

Cheers.
        Josh