[fluid-dev] 1.1.0 Schedule, Trac permissions, etc

From: Josh Green
Subject: [fluid-dev] 1.1.0 Schedule, Trac permissions, etc
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:56:29 -0700

To help make things a bit more organized I will set forth a plan for the
1.1.0 development cycle.  This is not set in stone and is open for
input.

Development cycle will be 3 months, which means FluidSynth 1.1.0 will be
released around July 12th.  Feature freeze will occur 2 weeks before.

June 28th: Feature freeze
July 12th: FluidSynth 1.1.0 release

I modified Trac permissions to allow for anonymous users to edit the CC
field of tickets and gave additional permission to authenticated users
and the developers group.  I'm still getting used to Trac and the
permissions likely still need adjusting.  I would like things to be as
open as possible, but minimize the possibility of spam or other abuses.
If you feel there is a particular permission that isn't available to you
and should be, let me know.

The Trac developer group currently consists of myself, Bernat, David and
Pedro.  It currently has the following additional permissions: Milestone
admin, Roadmap admin, Ticket admin, Report admin, Screenshots admin and
Wiki admin.

If you want to be a part of this group, just say so.  Its mainly to
prevent someone from abusing the site, just by registering.

We should start assigning tickets to the 1.1.0 milestone, that we would
like to see included (I've done this for the ones I already suggested
and a few others that seemed rather important).

Also, many of the tickets are assigned to myself.  At the moment, there
is no particular task that I am attached to doing or in the middle of
doing, so if you would like to take over any of the tickets, please
re-assign the ticket to yourself as you wish.

I see that there has been a bit of ticket activity and remember how
someone mentioned that it is difficult to track the comments.  I added
the "Ticket details" feature to the Timeline, which allows you to see
comments, but I was thinking it might be nice to have a subscribe only
ticket mailing list too, would anyone be interested in that?

        Josh