re: [fluid-dev] 1.1.0 Schedule, Trac permissions, etc

From: jimmy
Subject: re: [fluid-dev] 1.1.0 Schedule, Trac permissions, etc
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 05:40:38 -0700 (PDT)

> Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:56:29 -0700
> From: Josh Green <address@hidden>
>
> To help make things a bit more organized I will set forth a
> plan for the
> 1.1.0 development cycle.  This is not set in stone and
> is open for
> input.
>
> Development cycle will be 3 months, which means FluidSynth
> 1.1.0 will be
> released around July 12th.  Feature freeze will occur
> 2 weeks before.
>
> June 28th: Feature freeze
> July 12th: FluidSynth 1.1.0 release

Unless these are current diff's that can already be applied, I think new
efforts in  reworking existing code with gobject, libinstpatch... will probably
cause API issues, too.  So why not have everyone take a quick look at Bernat's
propose code first, which is currently fully functional, then decide.

Why not create a branch 0.2009.x, or whatever code branch, for Bernat code for
people to take a quick look and see how reasonable it may be to work with it?
Sure, we don't have to claims it being official future FS code.  Otherwise,
that Bernat's code will be obsolete quickly with 1.1.0 changes.  Short of that
being "made available" here, it might turn into a real forked project because
his code can't seem to see the light of day in the code repository.

I could feel Bernat's worries.  I only had a simple hack and didn't want to
re-patch FS everytime a new version comes out.  His changes are major
restructuring, or morphing of sort...  Ouch!!!

Jimmy