[fluid-dev] Re: The 1.1.0 milestone

From: jimmy
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: The 1.1.0 milestone
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 04:54:21 -0700 (PDT)

Let me clarify what I think.

So Josh has agreed that all the "new features of 1.1.0" will be implemented.
Which means those new features will have to be ported to 2.0 (API compatible or
not).

But let's not create more work this way and then make the folks who adopted
these new features (I mean additional users of 1.1.0 new features beyond
currently counted) migrate to 2.0 shortly there after (if they want to).  If
they don't want to migrate, we have to support and fix any bugs and that's more
work than neccessary.

Why not go ahead and work on 2.0 (however it goes)?  Since there won't be 1.1.0
or any major changes in 1.0.9 code base, those who uses 1.0.9 with the "new
features" (only a few at the moment) won't have to worry about major code base
changes, and prevent new folks from adopting these new features and become
legacy issues.

Not only that, document the design of these new features for 1.1.0, then having
to possibly re-explain, or changed totally in the new code base of 2.0 because
of new API would cause lots of headache for everyone involved.

Best regards,

Jimmy