Re: [fluid-dev] License trouble for Debian

From: Bernat Arlandis i Mañó
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] License trouble for Debian
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 20:12:55 +0200

David Henningsson escrigué:
Bernat Arlandis i Mañó skrev:
That problem is easily fixable by the packager.

My first mail asks two questions:

1) Why is VintageDreamsWaves-v2.sf2 distributed with fluidsynth?

2) What is the copyright for example.sf2?

The first question is not a packaging question since it's easy to remove
it. It's a personal question, because it seems to me like having it in
the tarball is waste of space.

The second question is important for a packager to know, so he can know
whether it can be kept there or if it must be removed.

Those two questions is what I wanted to ask the fluidsynth developers.
All other questions, e g about how to remove the files the right way,
I'll ask the Debian Developers.
Then your question is not Debian related but you asked it like it was, so the confussion. This mail is a lot more clear, at least for me.

For your second question, remove any unneeded file when in doubt, and since that file is not needed you can remove it until it gets cleared out.
As part of adopting fluidsynth for Debian, I've run into license trouble.
This is what you said on your first email, but you've not run into trouble since these files can be removed safely. It's more appropriate to say that you're wondering about the state of those files, although that doesn't keep you from packaging it.

--
Bernat Arlandis i Mañó