[fluid-dev] License trouble for Debian

From: David Henningsson
Subject: [fluid-dev] License trouble for Debian
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 07:36:22 +0200

As part of adopting fluidsynth for Debian, I've run into license trouble.

First, the copyright file for VintageDreamsWaves-v2.sf2 restricts
modification, so that sf2 must be removed. Raises the question of what
it is doing there anyway?

Second, the documentation, i e fluidsynth-v10-devdoc.xml (and the html
directories generated from that one), goes under a Create Commons
license which Debian does not accept (see wiki.debian.org/DFSGLicenses).

Third, there is an doc/example.sf2 which I can't find any license for at
all. Have any of you made it and can tell me what license it has?

// David