[fluid-dev] glib changes checked in

From: josh
Subject: [fluid-dev] glib changes checked in
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 02:00:55 -0400

I just checked in some initial changes which make glib 2.10+ a dependency for FluidSynth, cleans up a lot of platform specific code in favor of glib provided functions and adds initial support for WIN32 TCP server support (not yet tested).

Change overview:
- Moved code in fluid_io.[ch] to fluid_sys.[ch] and added WIN32 support, removed fluid_io.[ch]
- fluid_utime() and fluid_curtime() now use glib
- fluid_thread implementation now uses glib
- mutexes now using glib
- removed a bit of code in fluid_defsfont.h which had originally been ripped from glib
- WIN32 support for fluid_socket related code

For the moment I have just kept the FluidSynth named macros/functions, defined them as aliases, rather than replace every usage of them with the glib equivalents. We may or may not want to do that in the future.

The WIN32 TCP server support code was not tested and I'm not even sure it will build. If someone could test this that would be great. The WITHOUT_SERVER option should be removed from src/config_win32.h to try the server code. There might be other stray #ifdef WIN32 directives that still need to be removed though. Building with glib will be an additional requirement which needs to be sorted out.

Some notes on using glib:
Replace code which verifies function inputs with g_return_if_fail and g_return_val_if_fail (i.e., programming errors)

We should probably avoid using glib memory allocation functions, especially when allocating lots of memory, since they terminate the application instead of returning NULL

Testing and feedback welcome!
    Josh