Re: [fluid-dev] Documentation

From: josh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Documentation
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:04:48 -0400

Quoting address@hidden:

Quoting Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <address@hidden>:

Hi!

On Friday, April 24, 2009, Conrad Berhörster wrote:
Hello Pedro,

On Thursday 23 April 2009 21:04:06 Josh Green wrote:
On Mon, 2009-04-20 at 23:38 +0200, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've committed some changes to the developer documentation:
> http://fluidsynth.resonance.org/trac/changeset/176
>
> There is a new document source "fluidsynth-v11-devdoc.txt" formatted
> for Doxygen, and an updated Doxyfile specifications to process this new
> file along with the library headers and sources. The resulting
> documentation is a bundle of the function references with a main page
> based on the old docbook document "fluidsynth-v10-devdoc.xml", with
> some additions taken from another document found at
> http://www.toncat.de/fluidsynth/ and some more text by myself.

thanks for the work, Maybe you have a better place to host the document. If
not, I can host it further, if you want to.

This all sounds great!  I got an email back from Peter Hanappe
confirming that we can change the license to whatever seems appropriate.
I'm not certain what would be the best though.  Any suggestions?

LGPL would be fine.

sizu c~

The suggestion for Debian compliance was CC-BY-SA 3.0, and I rather like it.
It is a copyleft license in the spirit of the GPL/LGPL.

If nobody objects, I would change the license text to this one. About hosting the draft documents for public review before the next release, I can do it on
my personal website in SourceForge. Thanks for your offer, you can also host
a copy if you want of course.

Regards,
Pedro

CC-BY-SA 3.0 sounds good to me.  Lets go with that.

    Josh

Ohh, and we can of course host it on http://fluidsynth.resonance.org too. How does the document get built? I'm sure I should probably know that, but.. ;)

    Josh