Re: [fluid-dev] Time to release?

From: Ebrahim Mayat
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Time to release?
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 11:55:52 -0500

On Nov 14, 2009, at 6:03 PM, David Henningsson wrote:

I've just committed a small patch which updates the synthesis thread variable at every call to fluid_synth_one_block, which should fix Ebrahim's thread-jumping problem. Assuming Ebrahim confirms that it is fixed, perhaps it is time to release a bugfixed version? Josh, do you agree?

Hello all

I just tried 269 and did some hot-plugging, to my heart's content and I am happy to report: no crashes at all.

I also rendered (again) two MIDI files (details below) without any overruns.

TARKUS.MID: Standard MIDI data (format 1) using 25 tracks at 1/120
chpn-p24.mid: Standard MIDI data (format 1) using 9 tracks at 1/480

$ fluidsynth -a jack -j -m coremidi -g 1.5 ~/Music/sf2/ GeneralUser_GS_FluidSynth_v1.43_RC1.sf2 ~/Music/MIDI/chpn-p24.mid
FluidSynth version 1.1.0
Copyright (C) 2000-2009 Peter Hanappe and others.
Distributed under the LGPL license.
SoundFont(R) is a registered trademark of E-mu Systems, Inc.

Type 'help' for help topics.

> JackActivationCount::Signal value = 0 ref = 4
JackActivationCount::Signal value = 0 ref = 4
JackActivationCount::Signal value = 0 ref = 4
JackActivationCount::Signal value = 0 ref = 4

> quit
cheers!
no message buffer overruns

Best wishes,
Ebrahim

P.S. Talking about stress tests: during one fateful summer in the previous millenium and long before the advent of fluidsynth, my then ex-companion of the opposite gender rammed an ax into my synth keyboard. I am happy to say that I can still use this synth for MIDI sequencing. :-))