[fluid-dev] FluidSynth and FluidSynth-dssi

From: David Henningsson
Subject: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth and FluidSynth-dssi
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 20:13:02 +0100

Hello,

anybody using fluidsynth-dssi on this list?

The reason I'm asking is that we (as in the FluidSynth developers) released a new version which was incompatible with QSynth, and so I chose not to try to push that version into Debian. Now we're soon going to release a fixed version of FluidSynth (with regards to QSynth compatibility), but so far I don't know anybody who has tested fluidsynth-dssi with the new version yet. It would be nice if someone who has used fluidsynth-dssi had the time to check if it works with the new version of FluidSynth, so that we don't have more severe errors to fix.

There is preliminary packaging of the new FluidSynth version available at:
https://launchpad.net/~diwic/+archive/ppa/+files/fluidsynth_1.1.0-1~unreleased.diff.gz
https://launchpad.net/~diwic/+archive/ppa/+files/fluidsynth_1.1.0-1~unreleased.dsc
https://launchpad.net/~diwic/+archive/ppa/+files/fluidsynth_1.1.0.orig.tar.gz
https://launchpad.net/~diwic/+archive/ppa (pre-built for Ubuntu Karmic)

(It contains the most important fix for QSynth, but not the later, minor ones in SVN.)

// David