Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth and FluidSynth-dssi

From: josh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth and FluidSynth-dssi
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:39:17 -0800

Thanks Rui for your report :)

Josh

Quoting Rui Nuno Capela <address@hidden>:
On 11/21/2009 07:13 PM, David Henningsson wrote:
Hello,

anybody using fluidsynth-dssi on this list?

The reason I'm asking is that we (as in the FluidSynth developers)
released a new version which was incompatible with QSynth, and so I
chose not to try to push that version into Debian. Now we're soon going
to release a fixed version of FluidSynth (with regards to QSynth
compatibility), but so far I don't know anybody who has tested
fluidsynth-dssi with the new version yet. It would be nice if someone
who has used fluidsynth-dssi had the time to check if it works with the
new version of FluidSynth, so that we don't have more severe errors to fix.

There is preliminary packaging of the new FluidSynth version available at:
https://launchpad.net/~diwic/+archive/ppa/+files/fluidsynth_1.1.0-1~unreleased.diff.gz

https://launchpad.net/~diwic/+archive/ppa/+files/fluidsynth_1.1.0-1~unreleased.dsc

https://launchpad.net/~diwic/+archive/ppa/+files/fluidsynth_1.1.0.orig.tar.gz

https://launchpad.net/~diwic/+archive/ppa (pre-built for Ubuntu Karmic)

(It contains the most important fix for QSynth, but not the later, minor
ones in SVN.)

may i?

i did not stay long on the released fluidsynth-1.1.0, as you all might
know by now :), but i did, indeed, test whether fluidsynth-dssi had the
same troubles when invited as guest by (yours truly) qtractor hostess.

fyi, fluidsynth-dssi has/had show-stoppers with libfluidsynth-1.0.9. it
is/was fine with 1.0.8 though.

all troubles are/were due to fluidsynth-dssi (de)instantiation under
qtractor, causing it to crash every time a session closes.

fact is, on the few tests i could run on pristine-1.1.0, and surely on
one of the last week's svn revisions, fluidsynth-dssi is way better
behaving now ;)

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela