Re: [fluid-dev] Migrating FluidSynth services

From: Ebrahim Mayat
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Migrating FluidSynth services
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 19:53:40 -0400

On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 10:35 -0700, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello FluidSynth developers and users,
>
> I will be moving FluidSynth services off of the resonance.org domain.
> I wanted to ask if there are any opinions or ideas on options for the
> various hosted components of the FluidSynth project.  It seems like
> some conglomeration of these services might also be a good idea.
>
> Hosted components of the FluidSynth project:
> - Trac web site interface
> - SVN server
> - File download area
> - fluid-dev mailing list
>
> I think that pretty much covers it.  I noticed that SourceForge.net
> now has Trac support, as well as git (if we ever want to move to that
> instead of SVN).  SourceForge seems to be looking fairly nice these
> days and my only real objection is the advertising.  It seems to be
> fairly focused on software related topics though, so at least its not
> some random noise.  I would likely move the file releases to
> SourceForge and possibly also the mailing list too, just to bring it
> all to one place.
>
> Any thoughts or opinions on this?

Hello Josh

It would be logical to migrate to Sourceforge.net since this is *the
home* of literally hundreds of thousands of FOSS projects though I must
say I also liked the sound of resonance.org :-)

Git is after all the brainchild of Linus himself. I have not looked into
an in-depth comparison between git and svn. Are there any notable
practical advantages in favor of git ?

Best wishes,