[fluid-dev] buildsystem news

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
Subject: [fluid-dev] buildsystem news
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 14:26:41 +0200

Hi all,

David fixed the autotools buildsystem, and I've updated the version numbers
for the next release. Please review:
package = fluidsynth-1.1.2
library = libfluidsynth.so.1.4.0

The libtool version number scheme seems to me like a ridiculous mystification.
Anyway, I've included a brief explanation in the root CMakeLists.txt for the
equivalent algorithm, for future reference.

There is still a macbuild and winbuild directories with broken buildsystems,
that will be removed before the next release, if nobody wants to fix and
maintain them.

For distribution tasks: the autotools buildsystem has a "make dist" target
creating the fluidsynth-x.y.z.tar.gz package. The equivalent for the cmake
buildsystem is "make tarball", creating the .tar.gz, .tar.bz2 and .zip
packages at the same time.

Regards,
Pedro