[fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.1.2 release notes

From: David Henningsson
Subject: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.1.2 release notes
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 10:05:21 +0200

I started drafting on 1.1.2's changelog here:

https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/fluidsynth/wiki/ChangeLog1_1_2

Big changes:

  * New CMake build system [plcl]
    * Winbuild directory dropped, autotools deprecated but still
      working
  * Rewriting of thread safety [diwic]
    * Describe the two new settings here

Smaller changes:

  * Voice overflow settings [diwic]
  * Possible to update polyphony, up to 65536 (beyond initial setting)
    [diwic]
  * Sample rate is updatable (and jack driver updates sample rate
    correctly) [diwic]
  * To be committed: Change of bank number handling [plcl]
  * Source files moved into different subdirectories [diwic]
  * Can use RealTimeKit (on Linux) to get real-time priority [diwic]
  * Shell commands for pitch bend and pitch bend range [monk]
  * PulseAudio driver: specify media role, and allow pulseaudio to
    adjust latency [diwic]
  * Bug fixes [diwic, plcl, KO Myung hun, Felix Krause, laurent]

Anything missing in the above list, or incorrectly attributed?

I've also updated the autotools build, so it should be working now. So
are we currently just waiting for the banknum stuff to be agreed upon
and implemented before releasing 1.1.2?

// David