Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.1.2 release notes

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.1.2 release notes
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 10:43:43 +0200

2010-08-10 13:51, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas skrev:
> On Sunday, August 8, 2010, David Henningsson wrote:
>> I started drafting on 1.1.2's changelog here:
>>
>> https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/fluidsynth/wiki/ChangeLog1_1_2
> updated
>
>> Big changes:
>>
>>   * New CMake build system [plcl]
>>     * Winbuild directory dropped, autotools deprecated but still
>>       working
> and also macbuild, commit pending
>
>>   * Rewriting of thread safety [diwic]
>>     * Describe the two new settings here
>>
>> Smaller changes:
>>
>>   * Voice overflow settings [diwic]
>>   * Possible to update polyphony, up to 65536 (beyond initial setting)
>>     [diwic]
>>   * Sample rate is updatable (and jack driver updates sample rate
>>     correctly) [diwic]
>>   * To be committed: Change of bank number handling [plcl]
> done
>
>>   * Source files moved into different subdirectories [diwic]
>>   * Can use RealTimeKit (on Linux) to get real-time priority [diwic]
>>   * Shell commands for pitch bend and pitch bend range [monk]
>>   * PulseAudio driver: specify media role, and allow pulseaudio to
>>     adjust latency [diwic]
>>   * Bug fixes [diwic, plcl, KO Myung hun, Felix Krause, laurent]
> nshepperd, contributed a patch for ticket#78:
> "Segmentation fault in non-interactive mode"
>

>> Anything missing in the above list, or incorrectly attributed?
>>
>> I've also updated the autotools build, so it should be working now. So
>> are we currently just waiting for the banknum stuff to be agreed upon
>> and implemented before releasing 1.1.2?
> I've finished with Bank Select, testing pending.
> Drop macbuild, winbuild: pending.
> Also pending: review the documentation, especially every and all new settings.

Right.

Here's a short review:

* ChangeLog - not used since 2009. Drop it (i e move it to unused)?
* INSTALL - Looks ok to me, although I haven't read it thoroughly.
* NEWS - Ok. Not much here.
* README - contains references to "Smurf" which probably should be
changed to "Swami", can you do that, Elimar?
* README.cmake - I remember a wish for a step-by-step list of how to
make MSVC project files, can you do that, Pedro?
* README-OSX - Ok, updated recently
* AUTHORS, THANKS - Anybody here that feels they've made a contribution
and should be listed here, let me know. Don't be shy :-)
* TODO - Outdated. I suggest we drop this file or possibly replace it
with a reference link to the trac tickets.
* doc/CMakeLists.txt - I assume this one's up to date
* doc/Doxyfile - Changed 1.1.1 to 1.1.2
* doc/Doxyfile.cmake - I assume this one's up to date
* doc/example.c - Fixed a spelling error
* doc/Fluidsynth.1 (man page) - needs updating with new settings, I can
do that
* doc/fluidsynth_arpeggio.c - Ok
* doc/fluidsynth_fx.c - Ok
* doc/fluidsynth_LADSPA.c - Btw, has anybody tested LADSPA as of lately?
Is it working? I think Debian enabled it recently.
* doc/fluidsynth_metronome.c - Ok
* doc/fluidsynth_simple.c - Ok
* doc/fluidsynth-v10-devdoc.xml - Move to unused?
* doc/fluidsynth-v11-devdoc.txt - needs updating with new settings, I
can do that
* doc/README - Link to resonance.org updated
* doc/Makefile.am - Ok
* doc/xtrafluid.txt - Seems outdated, contains references to "iiwusynth"
and info on a "Director" plugin. Is anybody using that?

* In addition, a lot of files reference "Josh Green". Elimar, if you
think these should be updated with the new name, can you do that?

// David