Re: Re: [fluid-dev] New voice overflow code committed

From: Bernd Casper
Subject: Re: Re: [fluid-dev] New voice overflow code committed
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 11:40:25 +0200

Gents,
let me notice here, as a side information, my practical experience with FS working real-time, that usage of more than one FS instances raises the performance of all test systems intensely. On my AMD DualCore 2x3 GHz system (organ console) I was able to reduce the CPU usage to around 5-10% using a full organ by using around 4-7 instances of FS, instead of around 60% CPU usage while using only one instance of FS for the same instrument.
Regards
Bernd.