Re: [fluid-dev] FS 1.1.2 alpha sound rendering issue

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FS 1.1.2 alpha sound rendering issue
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 22:14:27 +0200

2010-09-12 18:32, Bernd Casper skrev:
> Hi David,
>
> some days ago I reported about strange crackling effects using single
> waveforms. With the new jOrgan release (containing FS 1.1.2 final) the effect
> appears on other machines, too. Please have a look at the thread in the
> jOrgan user list:
> http://jorgan.999862.n4.nabble.com/jOrgan-3-11-first-beta-td2535918.html#a2535918

Right, so I fixed ticket 86 and I've done a small optimization (svn
revision 369) by not starting threads if they are not likely to be used.
That optimization could have as side effect that this problem is now
solved, but I'm not certain as I don't really understand how it appears.

Could you check if it is fixed in the latest svn, and if it is not,
report whether the synth.cpu-cores option has any effect on whether the
bug appears or not?

Thanks,
  // David