Noob Question WAS Re: [fluid-dev] Rerouting output

From: Graham Goode
Subject: Noob Question WAS Re: [fluid-dev] Rerouting output
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 23:28:18 +0200

Hi Mike,
Fluidsynth can certainly read from a Windows MIDI input interface. It
might be worth looking into jOrgan
(https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/jorgan/index.php?title=Installation),
an application that uses fluidsynth in Windows/OS-x/Linux, or Qsynth,
a standalone application GUI for fluidsynth. In order to use
fluidsynth you will need to load a soundfont...

GrahamG

This is a related very noobie question.  What I would like to do is
very simple I hope namely play my keyboard controller if possible into
fluidsynth or an app that feeds fluidsynth and generate audio in real
time on a Windows XP laptop.  Doing it in Linux is impractical in this
instance.  From what I've read it's not clear to me if fluidsynth can
read from Windows' MIDI input interface.  I've been trying to figure
this out for a long time and there is loads of info out there but it's
way too much for me to get started with.