Re: [fluid-dev] V 1.1.3 server mode

From: Dave Serls
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] V 1.1.3 server mode
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 16:03:27 -0600

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 13:31:34 -0700
Dave Serls <address@hidden> wrote:

>  No matter how I configure the cmake build for fluidsynth 1.1.3
>  the result still produces:
>

>  subgraph starting at fluidsynth timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=7, status = 0,
> state = Triggered)
> cannot complete execution of the processing graph (Resource temporarily
> unavailable)
> zombified - calling shutdown handler
> fluidsynth: error: Help! Lost the connection to the JACK server
>
>  This is using jackd 0.109.2 (std for Debian Lenny).
>
>  Is there any further diagnostic information that I should provide?
>
>  Dave

   Answering own post:

   For whatever reason, on the Ubuntu 8.04 setup, it is required to
   start jack with the '-t xx' switch for client timeout.  A short
   sprint through the emetic jack code shows that in realtime mode,
   jack computes a VERY TINY timeout (less than a millsec) for the client,
   based on period.

   The other, 'buffer overflow' message is emitted from fluid_ostream_printf
   when the number of characters returned by vsnprintf is 0.
   Not sure who is calling it that way, but I've patched to ignore 0.